Monday 25 April 2016

Birdie and Boy


I haven,t actually given her a name as such ,I dont think wild animals or birds should be given names , but I do usually say " Hello Birdie ! "


                                                    She loves grapes .


 This was her nesting place last year in our woodshed ....this year she is in a bush on the front wall of our neighbour's garden . I hope its going to be O.K .there .


                Here is dad , the male Blackbird  , to whom I say " Hello my Boy  ! "
 He has been coming to me for grapes for several years now. Actually they both fly down to me as soon as I take out my garden fork , for slugs , snails , grubs and worms . As I lift and move my flowerpots and tubs , they dive in to take any woodlice hiding there .


I think my Birdie much prefers grapes .....and will come in and help herself if the door is left open .

6 comments:

  1. That's so sweet..to have a wild pair of birds who have adopted you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovley thing to happen , I have a couple of robins that come an visit me when i am digging in the garden looking for worms xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The robins also accompany me ....but they also enjoy a few cake or biscuit crumbs....... ( Morrisons of course ! ) ... : )

      Delete
  3. Just so beautiful! I am so envious. My great pleasure at this time of the year is watching the goldfinches which nest in our neighbour's bay tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Muv , I enjoy watching the little fledglings too..the goldfinches come to my bird table for the seed that I put out for them .

      Delete
  4. SO beautiful :) I love these pictures. And I think that "Birdie" is the perfect name, indeed :)

    ReplyDelete