Thursday, 6 August 2026

Tree Fern - Storm damage and Ivy


 Here is my gorgeous Tree Fern ,last year , looking it's absolute fabulous best , above and below with it's magnificent full skirt .

                 🌴     This is how I love to see them .  🌴

Unfortunately it was badly damaged during Storm Goretti . The silly thing had already started to push up it's new croziers . Also Ivy had crept in and started to smother the trunk .

 So I had to go in quite hard with it this time . I especially did not want the ivy to smother the crown .  

   So I spent pretty much a whole day ,  just carefully working away on it .


We'd had a lot of rain over the winter months and the Ivy was loving it ! 


In this picture , you can see how the severe gales had ripped off the tips of the fern fronds ...... very sad  😔🌿


Anyway it's "all tidied up" now 😔I hate "all tidied up " tree ferns and cordylines !

  It should start to look better next year , if we don't have such a harsh winter .

Good news  😄

Amorphophallus atroviridis  - update  💛


        I am nearly bursting with excitement to see these lovely new leaves !

                                                   🌿 🤗 🌿 


In the greenhouse , the Cucumbers are slowing down now . We have had a great harvest of cucumbers , very happy with them , but I think these two might be the last of them . I was very mean with the compost  ....so damned expensive !


              The tomatoes are still coming and ripening up . 

The peppers are really looking quite sad now . We had a fabulous harvest , they all came at once and all now sliced up , open frozen , bagged up in the freezer .
  I pulled off the last five this morning and I'm thinking of having a big clear out now in the greenhouse . So that I can now enjoy all my other plants .

                            Still waiting for rain !

                                            Peace and Love 🕊️

                                            Debbie 💐x



No comments:

Post a Comment