Sunday, 16 August 2026

You must Eat your Greens ! πŸ₯¬πŸ₯¬

     We are all wondering when this heatwave and drought is going to end .

This morning there are some clouds high up there in the sky .....

           .....but then the sun comes up and the clouds soon evapourate .


        We took our walk along the cliff fields .....look at how dry it is !

By the way , in the corner of this field there is a water-trough for the cattle .


Meanwhile in the vegetable garden , I had thought that the beans and peas were coming to the end now .....

                ...... but I had a good look and managed to fill this pot .


This lot are now in the freezer . I have two or three large free-flow bags now . I think I will leave the rest to save the seeds for next year .
 So the french climbing beans did really well , very hard work watering everything but it was well worth it .
  We should be picking our Runner beans by now , but they are only now getting going !  No idea why . Anyway they are now starting to climb up the canes .
  I think we will have a late harvest of Runners .
Ricardo says he doesn't like Runner-beans anyway ! 
           He is very naughty ! He won't eat his greens !

                         πŸ₯¬ Through the shed window, brassicas !🀣πŸ₯¬

I have Pak choi , beetroots , greyhound spring cabbage , green and a few red cabbages to go in after I've cleared the beans away .
 Ricardo is cross with me for not growing broccoli .....I didn't sow them because each plant takes up so much room for so little yield . πŸ₯¦πŸ₯¦πŸ₯¦πŸ₯¦
    .....oh there's still time..... maybe I could squeeze them in somehow πŸ™„ πŸ₯¬

          All fer now folks !   Hope you are taking care in the hot sun ! 

                               Peace and Love πŸ€πŸ•Š️

                                        love Debbie πŸ₯¦x



No comments:

Post a Comment