O.k. so what's going on in my rickety old shed this morning ? It's another heatwave day and it is really hot in here .
If I were to try and open the window , I'm afraid it might fall off !
I might leave the door open for a little while, until the sun moves behind the trees . Still warm , but a bit of shade in the afternoon .
A few pics from the shed .
They look so much happier already !
I quickly nip across to open up the greenhouse .....
It is ridiculously hot in there already , but some of my plants enjoy that !
I've given them a bit of tomato feed .
Meanwhile back in the shed ......
Cacti and Cabbages doing well .
I just want to hold back planting out the cabbages for as long as I can dare .
The way I'd like it to go is this - The rain returns in a weeks time and then I will plant out my red and green cabbages, Pak choi , beetroots . I will get them all covered over with fine mesh netting . While they are here in the shed It is easier for me to manage watering them and they are safe from the Cabbage White Butterflies .....but on the other hand they could bolt ! So we'll wait and see how the weather goes .
I also have a second wave of more winter hardy Leeks to plant out .
Still waiting for my seeds to arrive from Dobies . I had to contact them about it , it's been so long since I put my order in . They have apologised and say they are sending out a replacement . I have never had any parcels or mail lost in the post before and our post service is excellent down here .
I hope they come soon , there are some winter lettuce seeds in there that I want to get going soon .
Amorphophallus atroviridis update -
Starting to open up those beautiful leaves !
p.s. Don't forget the Eclipse this evening ....I think it starts at about 6pm .
I will try , but really please , don't expect any brilliant photos of it from me ! lol !
🌿 Peace and Love 🕊️💚
love Debbie 💐x













No comments:
Post a Comment