Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Which varieties will I grow next year ? 🌢️πŸ«‘πŸŒΏ

        Still picking cucumbers .... so much nicer than supermarket ones .


   "Snack Bite Red " Sweet peppers ..... plenty of them !  Husband loves them ! 

The only thing I would say about this variety is that they all seem to come at once ......but maybe this is because of the heatwaves we've been having . I will slice , open-freeze , bag them all up and throw them into the freezer .

Next year I think I will go back to Sweet Pepper "Corno di Toro Rosso" which are the slightly bigger, longer pointed type .


  This is Sweet Pepper Corno di Toro Rosso . This time last year just to compare .

                 Sweet Pepper Corno Di Toro Rosso this time last year .

                                                Very nice !

             Cucumber " Carmen " and the shorter one is "Merlin" 

Next year I will only be growing  Cucumber "Carmen"...very happy with this one .

          No ripe Tomatoes today , but lots of green ones still coming .

As for the tomatoes .... This year I grew Tomato "Divinity"F1 and Tomato "Scatolone 2 "   they are o.k. nice flavour and texture , fleshy, not too many seeds ,  but I'm not blown away by them . Maybe it's the heatwave , but there seems to be quite a bit of inconsistency in the size and shape of them . 

Next year I will grow Tomato Scatolone 2 and probably go back to reliable old Tomato Alicante again .

      Now I am off to pick beans and peas for lunch πŸŒΏπŸ«›πŸ«›πŸ«›

Weather forecast  - clouds floating on by - still no rain πŸŒ₯️ uncomfortably warm .

                              Peace and Love  πŸ•Š️

                                                 Debbie πŸ’   x

No comments:

Post a Comment