Friday, 24 July 2026

Todays Harvest πŸ₯’πŸ…πŸŒΏπŸ«‘πŸŒΆ️

 

My aim would be to just eat whatever is in season all the time . To always have something ready to pick , cook , eat fresh .....and not necessarily to freeze . 

It means you have to get over not liking certain vegetables and eat your greens ! Me that is !  Although actually I do love all the brassicas .

 If there are more than I can use , then , I do like to open-freeze . 

French beans  - I blanche in boiling water then immediately throw them into icy cold water then , spread them out on a baking sheet , pat dry with paper towels , open freeze , then bag them up into useful free-flow packs . I could just bag them up , but they last longer for being blanched .

Tomatoes I slice in half , open freeze , bag up into free flow packs . 

Sweet Red Peppers - slice up , open freeze , bag up into free flow packs .

We are only now coming to the end of last years tomato harvest ! 


Lettuces - I'll just try and keep them coming .

Later on there will be celery, leeks , the parsnips are looking quite good (finger's crossed ] hopefully some wibbly wobbly carrots , maybe swede .

Still potatoes to turn out and some more to plant out in tubs . More leeks and all the Brassicas ,curly wurly kale ,  red and green cabbage , pak choi , and lots of lovely beetroot . 
 Sweetcorn - is being very slow . Runner beans - are being slow . Butternut Squash - is being very slow .
    I am watering everything as much as I can , but rain would be so much better !

                              So I'm doing my rain dance again !

                                                     πŸŒΏ☀️🌿
                                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment