Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Lettuce - continued 🌱🌱πŸ₯¬

              🌱  Pricking out my teeny-tiny Lettuce seedlings  🌱🌱🌱

The weather turning cooler should suit them better now .


I have put three or four in each 3"pot . I will grow these on the bench in the shed .

Meanwhile in the kitchen .....

I have tried all kinds of methods to grow Sweet Potatoes....every method failed .
Then yesterday I find two Sweet Potatoes at the bottom of my potato basket in the kitchen .....with shoots growing out of them ! 🀩🌿
  So I think I'm correct in thinking that you are supposed to cut these shoots or "slips" off and pot them up as cuttings ?
    I think that you're supposed to do this in the Spring , but anyway , I guess I have nothing to lose to try and get them rooted and see if I can keep them going through the Winter  . 
    Maybe I'll bring them indoors on my windowsill propagator ......hmmm  πŸ€”


          So off we go to the shed again ....

I cut the shoots off with a little bit of the potato still attached and dabbed them with a little bit of Hormone Rooting Powder .


                       ....and potted them up .


This is not a tutorial . Do not copy me ! I do not really know what I'm doing ! 🀣


                  Also we now have diminishing light levels going into Winter .
                             Anyway , I thought it would be worth a try .
       They will probably be dead tomorrow .....I'll let you know how it goes .

                                       Peace and Love  πŸ•Š️🀍🌿

                                                    Love Debbie πŸ’x
p.s. Oh ! My goodness it's October tomorrow !

No comments:

Post a Comment