A few more pics of our morning walk after a good breakfast .
Didn't need a coat . Didn't need a jumper . It was foggy but warm .
.
It soon cleared and after playing with other people's dogs ,chatting with friends and visitors along the way , we came home pleasantly tired .
Soon revived with cups of tea , toast and orange marmalade .
I decided to make a start bringing some of my more tender plants into their Winter shelter zones .
Banoonaah number one - Musa ensete maurellii - ππ️π
The one up on the bank .
Bish ! Bash ! Bosh !
......and into the wheelbarrow !
It is both standing on and surounded with polystyrene packaging and there is light coming in through the clear plastic corrugated roof .
I just need to water it to settle it in . It now has some time to get it's roots down into the nice new compost before we go into Winter .
I don't cut leaves off , nor do I trim the roots . As we go into the colder months I hardly water it at all . I just keep it ticking over in a dormant state until late Spring .
Musa basjoo - stays outside and I can throw a cloche over it if need be .
⭐ If you live up country , then you will have to bring this one under cover too .
Best to see what people are doing where you are , but here in the far south west of Cornwall , Musa basjoo is fairly hardy . It will get pretty tatty but it should recover .⭐
This one will be next , but I just need to pace myself really and so I'll wait a few days to get my strength up again . Maybe tomorrow ..... see how I feel .
⭐ I forgot to say - useful tip ....after digging up your banana...dig out the hole nicely and put a bucket or large empty pot into the hole to keep it open . So it is an easier job to re-plant next year ! ⭐
Off now for walk number two and a picnic .
" Everyday is a picnic day !"
Peace and love π️π€
love Debbie πx

No comments:
Post a Comment