Sunday 15 July 2018

Kitchen Windowsill -cuttings rooting in water - potting up time


                  Twelve days later , look how those roots have grown !


 So I have potted them up in my recycled plastic pots in multi-purpose compost and given them a good  drink of water .



 I put them out in the woodshed with all my other cuttings , just till they settle in and show signs of growth . Then , when we finally get some proper rain I will plant them all out  .    ( No rain here now going into month three !! )

                                            Impatiens niamniamensis
Here's the mother plant that I took a cutting from . It roots very easily .
   I am going to take off the two tallest branches partly for cuttings , but also to encourage it to grow in a more balanced shape .


              Look at those amazing flowers !      Anyone want a cutting ?

No comments:

Post a Comment