Tuesday 7 May 2019

Labyrinth Restoration update

                   Before and after...although still much more to be done .

Labyrinth Day was on May 4th this year , it is always on the first Saturday of the month of May when everyone walks together at 1pm in their own local time in a meditation for world peace .
  I don't tell anyone what to believe about a labyrinth , only to walk in , listen with your heart and see what it tells you .  . . . see for yourself  .


 I was moved to make this Labyrinth in about 2007/8  and it was on the World Labyrinth  Locator until I got very sick and was unable to have visitors .
 My husband (the under gardener )kept it looking fairly good , but used a strimmer on the path walls which allowed the grass to grow over the rocks .
 I am much better now , not as much stamina as I used to have , but better and doing more in the garden again and caring for the labyrinth again .
So this morning , after mowing the labyrinth pathway , I thought I'd tackle the grass on the labyrinth walls .


 The grass has become long , matted , attached to the rocks and very hard to pull off .

            My wrist is aching now terribly after  all the tugging and tearing .


   Underneath this one was a beautiful piece of  red Serpentine rock .


There is so much to do . Today I will just make a start in the centre of the Labyrinth . Maybe from here I will get some good pulses of Earth Energy to keep me going !


I saw a little shrew , the gardener's friend, they eat insects, slugs, spiders , worms , amphibians and other small rodents . He was too fast for me to snap on camera , but ...I thought ...a precious moment just for me .


Here in the centre of the labyrinth is the "Heart Stone " a little pot for a candle and the stone where a Cornish Piskie lives .


I am thinking about putting some small plants in here , very small ones , Alpines maybe .

                              I love the wild flowers and the Lichens .


 That's all I can manage for today . I think to myself as I replace the little votive candle .... and place a few flowers for Mother Earth .


                       ..........An arrow to encourage folk to walk in ....


 The way in , is also the way out ...there is no getting lost on the path of a labyrinth unlike in a crazy maze .


What questions would you carry in to the labyrinth ? And what answers will it give you ?

                                   Shhh ......sleeping Cornish Piskie .....


1 comment: