Saturday 18 November 2017

November - Trebah Gardens


 Jessica and I  and two little dogs went on an adventure yesterday . My camera was playing up so I didn't manage to get very many good spontaneous photos .
 So I put together a collage of pics and you can click to enlarge them if you like .

                         One of two beautiful Christmas Trees at Trebah  .
 We enjoyed a lovely lunch in the dog friendly zone of the restaurant ...I had ham salad and chutney in a huge brown roll and side salad for £4.95 and a glass of water and my friend had King Prawns and a hot chilli dip and delicious fat chips  and a cup of coffee ..er not sure how much it came to ..but we were both very pleased with our meals , which set us up nicely for the long walk down to the  beach .....and back . Actually there are so many lovely trees , shrubs and plants that we hardly noticed the steep walk back up hill . 
   We saw beautiful wild strawberries and ripe deep pink Lychee fruits which were falling all around us  . Primroses, Squirrels , Buzzards , Pigeons and Pterodactyls swooped overhead . We saw a Plesiosaur in the lake ...see if you can find him in the top photo ! :)
  Magnificent Bamboozles  and  sleepy Gunnera manicatas which had all been trimmed and each one with an upturned giant umbrella of a leaf to protect the crown from the frost , should we get any . Which reminds me ... I must wrap my outside tap !

The sun was setting through the Tree Ferns as we returned just as they were about to close . A very quick look at all the lovely Christmas goodies in the shop on our way out . ... you must go and see for yourself !
                                     We must go again soon !

1 comment:

  1. I love Trebah gardens, though it is a while since we went. The grandchildren used to have such fun there.

    ReplyDelete