Tuesday 12 June 2018

African Coral Tree bean we have germination !

                 (This is not the African Coral Tree -- see further down ! lol !)

It is still fiercely hot here in Mullion ...and this is good news for farmers who are cutting hay meadows . Ted has cut our meadow and will be coming back  later today to bale it all up ....... then ..he says I can have the rain which I so badly need for my veg garden !


I was up and watering all my young veg plants at around 5am this morning and went up to the greenhouse to open up the windows and check on everything and see whats new .

 Hooray ! The Alocaisia  is waking up..Yes so I did plant it the correct way up !
   Then I spy something going on in one of my propagation baggies ....


I open the bag and peer inside ...to find one of the African Coral Tree beans has germinated !  Goodness me ! I only planted them the other day !


 I re-seal up the bags except for a little bit , a vent to just let a little of the steam out .
I will extract that seedling later on and pot it up in it's own little pot .


 Next to check on "my husband's Tomato plants . Between you and me I grew them from seed , pricked them out , potted them on and have been watering them for him ! Some of them need bigger pots now too ....I suppose I 'd better get on with it .

 The flowers are extraordinary I think and after a little gentle shaking to pollinate , soon begin to form some yummy fruits  .


                     As I said before...these are my husband's Tomatoes .


      He goes up to look at them ......he is very proud of his Tomatoes ! Lol !

No comments:

Post a Comment