Saturday 7 April 2018

Re-potting Schlumbergera truncata


  I am re-potting 4  Schlumbergera truncata otherwise known as Christmas cacti , into a nice new hanging basket .
 Also re-potting one small Rhipsalidopsis gaertnerii otherwise known as the Easter Cactus into a slightly bigger pot . This one is a piece from one of my mum's cacti so very special to me . They are so called , because this is roughly when they flower .


 They are all different colours and it should look pretty when they flower .
Behind I am preparing a window box full of Begonias and  Pelargoniums which I have saved for several years now.


 I have used Multi -purpose compost and perlite...which is making the basket heavy ..I only remembered this at this point ....I,m worrying about my kidney cancer scan with contrast coming up on Monday ... I am so scared I can hardly think straight  at the moment .


 I have hung the basket up in the porch , I think I will get a stronger hook for it though .

 The plants look happier already . When the weather warms up a bit more I will hang it outside  and all through the summer .
 Through my kitchen window I am delighted to see the Woodpeckers are back .
 Hope you had a lovely Easter .....wish me luck....say a prayer for me .


3 comments:

  1. A lovely hanging basket. And good luck . . .
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your scan - I wish you well

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and God bless.

    ReplyDelete