Thursday, 4 December 2014

Preparing for Christmas the Daisy way .


I,m trying to stay focused on what Christmas is really , really all about ...and turn up that flame of faith .
The days getting darker and gloomier and  sad my family all so far away...every which way I turn , people after my money....and trying to tell me how I should be celebrating that holy day .
 I was going to make my Holly wreath today but we then remembered that we had a dentist appointment in Truro ......but I did get off a good pile of Christmas cards to friends and family. I like them to receive their cards , nice and early ..so they can enjoy them all through Advent .

This is a needle painting that I embroidered with DMC cotton thread and some real silk  that my mum gave to me . The angels robe is the real silk ....very tricky to stitch with . Oh and the incense thurible is stitched with a gold metalic thread .
 The idea came from a stained glass window designed by William Morris in 1882 . The window is in the Church of St Peter and St Paul, Cattistock in Dorset .
I enjoyed every minute of stitching him.....and encrusting the background with blue stars and tiny seed beads .
Not the best photo I know ,but I think you can click and zoom in to see my crazy stitching ...if you really must  !  : )

For me , I must first look within my own heart and mind , turn up that faith flame ,create a more intimate and meaningful Christmas . If I cant do that , then how can I hope to pass on the peace , joy and light to others ?

4 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful embroidery! Hope the dentist visit went ok. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou , yes very nervous , but my check up was all good ! : )

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, and must have taken you days and days...I am sure you were thinking about Christmas when you made it.

    ReplyDelete