Monday, 6 July 2015

Sunday in My Veg Garden

video
So I had a go at making a little photo slide show , if it comes out o.k. then I might do some more of these for my journal .
  Sorry there is no music  , you.ll just have to open your window and hear the birds singing to it : )
 I cant do as much as I,d like to in the garden , recovering from big op , doing it little by little .
 We have some courgette plants which are beginning to produce some fruit now and the salad leaves bed which I  have sown seeds of Rocket,mixed lettuce ,french breakfast radishes, spinach ,curly kale and greyhound cabbages, leeks. you can see are all coming up .
 I know it is too late really to sow leeks ,but they are germinating now and we have mild winters here in Cornwall ...so we'll see . I have a few beans ,beginning to climb up the frame  , might sow some more .
 I haven,t been able to pull weeds as I,d like ,so they are also flourishing and flowering ....who cares , the bees love them .  Even my rhubarb flowered this year !
Its good to be home in my garden again  .

3 comments:

  1. Our Cornish climate does help with vegetable growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little by little still helps. Hope you leeks do well for you, even if they are the pencil thick ones x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its the really small leeks that all the top chefs hanker after! So pleased that you are able to do a little, but you are also lucky having such a lovely garden too.

    ReplyDelete