Wednesday, 10 June 2015

If at first you don't succeed ...


 Try , try , and try again .....my hands still shaky , but slowly I managed to draw out with my pencil onto my linen twill ,  another piece , with some more cheeky squirrels .
 This is my own design , just freely drawn just as it came out of my fuzzy head . Fuzzy on account of having very little sleep .
 
 I used an ordinary pencil . stem stitched around pretty much everything to begin with and herringbone stitched the rose leaves .
I,d really like to get the soft effect to the squirrel's tails this time .
 The red rose of York in memory of the wonderful finding , excavation and re-burial of King Richard the Third recently .


1 comment:

  1. Delighted to read your post. Each day as I look at your 'Epie' which I have called Daisy's Purple delight, I realise how long it is since you have blogged. I just love that saying, and the outcome...a lovely squirrel, and pleased to see that it is a 'red' one.

    ReplyDelete